Clearance / railway loading gauge / Lichtraumprofil

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dear friends

In our standards the clearance is not defined yet. How do you deal with this fact?

When I look at Antonios pictures I see the KATO-Ge 4/4 III in scale 1:150. this is bigger than an ordinary Nm-vehicle. Does the machine fit through tunnels?

What about the tunnel-profiles of our Spanish friends? Are they wide enough?

• Zitat

Originally posted by PFS
    Dear friends
    In our standards the clearance is not defined yet. How do you deal with this fact?

If I remember well (we need Duncan to talk about normes :D ) we did define the clearance in the latest version of the normes.
    It was a matter of having also normal gauge material on Nm tracks (through transporters, roll Bocke etc.), so we stated to use NEM + a bonus clearance, I think it was 6 mm, to have a wider space.
    In my opinion this will solve any problems.
    In Stuttgart last year I saw the Ge 4/4 III from Schlosser near the Glacier coaches, well, they fit in a nice way, Kato coaches are a bit wider but the surplus space foreseen will have us managing it...

• The latest version of the standard is issue 0E from 21/1/2009. It says this:

Loading Gauge
    It is expected that standard gauge stock will run on the modules
    using transporter wagons, so the minimum loading gauge for
    tunnels, bridges etc. should be accordingly larger. The maximum
    loading gauge is as defined in MOROP NEM102 for standard gauge
    trains, with an additional 6mm height to allow for the transporter
    wagon.

I'm not sure my Harzkamel will fit through little Z scale tunnels!

Duncan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!